American Bank and Trust Co.
Recognition of a Customer's Expectation of Privacy
American Bank and Trust recognizes and respects the privacy expectations of you as a customer and have established policies and procedures to prevent misuse of your confidential and private information. We do not sell data divulging any specific information about an individual customer’s account or transactions. If you close your account(s) with us, we will continue to adhere to this principle. Additionally, we do not have any future plans to change our policy on selling data.
Use, Collection and Retention of Customer Information
We collect, retain and use information about individual customers only where it is allowed by law, when the institution reasonably believes it is useful in administering the institution’s business, and in providing products and services to our customers. For example, we may collect “nonpublic personal information” about you from the sources listed below:
“Nonpublic Personal Information” is nonpublic information about you that we may obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. This does not include information that may be obtained from public sources such as telephone directories or government records.
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income
- Information about your transactions with us or others, such as account balance and payment history
- Information from consumer reporting agencies
- Information from your browser, when you visit our website and your browser interacts with us
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We have established procedures to ensure that our customers’ financial information is accurate, current and complete in accordance with reasonable commercial standards. We will respond in a timely manner to customer requests to correct inaccurate information.
Limiting Employee Access to Information
We limit access to our customers’ confidential and private information to employees with legitimate business reasons for knowing such information. Our employees have been educated about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy.
Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures
We maintain appropriate security procedures regarding unauthorized access to customer information.
Restrictions on the Disclosure of Account Information
We do not reveal specific information about our customers or their transactions to unaffiliated third parties unless the information is provided 1) to help complete a customer-initiated transaction, 2) to help administer the institution’s bona fide business, 3) at the customer’s request, 4) to comply with a legal requirement (i.e., subpoena) or 5) to a reputable information reporting agency (i.e., credit bureau).
Maintaining Customer Privacy in Business Relationships with Third Parties
Whenever we do provide specifically identifiable customer information to a third party, we require that the third party adhere to similar “Privacy Principles” that provide for keeping such information confidential.
Disclosure of “Privacy Principles” to Customers
We make these “Privacy Principles” available to our customers to give them a better understanding of our commitment to safeguarding confidential and private information.
Special Information Applicable to Electronic (Online) Banking
American Bank and Trust’s “Privacy Principles” will apply to customers’ confidential and private information with regard to both traditional and non-traditional (i.e., Online) banking activities. However, due to the unique nature of the Internet and the ease with which information can be exchanged, we feel it is important for customers to be aware of the unique issues surrounding Online Banking.
To better serve our Online Banking customers:
- We collect generic information about visitors to our website. This information includes the date and time of access, the Internet service provider’s address, and the web browser used.
- We require customers to utilize specific passwords for access to confidential and private information. All users are reminded of their responsibility to safeguard login IDs and passwords. In addition, commercial customers should carefully screen those employees to whom user IDs and passwords are granted.
- We utilize encryption, firewall, router, third party verification procedures and other security software and hardware to help prevent unauthorized eavesdropping of and access to customers’ confidential and private information.
- We utilize virus protection software to help prevent the spread of computer viruses.
- We utilize “cookies” to help authenticate our customers’ identities and to help facilitate the exchange of information between our systems and our customers’ systems.
- We remind all of our customers that links within our website can connect you to websites not under our control. These websites may not necessarily comply with American Bank and Trust’s “Privacy Principles” and security standards.
- We remind all of our customers that confidential and private information may be compromised in both traditional and non-traditional banking activities. We can only establish policies and procedures to help restrict use of and access to confidential and private information. If you believe that confidential and private information has been compromised, please contact us immediately so that the potential breach can be investigated.
Back to the top
Home | About Us | Deposit Services | Lending | CDs & IRAs | Contact Us